2 Nephi 28


Chapter 28

Many false churches will be built up in the last days—They will teach false, vain, and foolish doctrines—Apostasy will abound because of false teachers—The devil will rage in the hearts of men—He will teach all manner of false doctrines. About 559–545 B.C.


-----------------------------------------------

Wow- if that doesn't describe out day, I don't know what does.

First, I must say that there are many good people out there that belong to other religions, who have a sincere desire to know Him and are truly doing their best.

BUT- there are many others who really miss the mark.  They are the ones who are described here with prophetic accuracy and detail.  The tactics of Lucifer is to ruin the souls of men.  He convinces them that he doesn't exist.  He convinces them that God doesn't exist.  He tells them there is no sin, there is no life after this, there is no purpose- so go and do what your heart desires.

We here this all around us (especially from Hollywood) : if you are a good person, you can do whatever you want, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.  They search for a higher purpose, but deny the God that gave it to them.  They want the enlightenment, the direction, the sanctification without the obligation to humble themselves, change themselves or follow anyone but themselves.

The mantra I hear lately is "follow your truth."  Sorry- but there is one truth and that's God's.  Follow his truth.

But, it is all masked under the guise of goodness and religion.  It's easy to deceive and hard to argue with.  Until you read this chapter.

The Lord knows all.  He knew this would happen.  He has given us the opporutnity to recognize it. And, if people will turn to Him and trust Him- and not man- He will forgive them and welcome them.

That is the true beauty of the Lord.  He sees our mistakes and wrong choices. He is very clear about the negative consequences of them.  He won't- can't- back down from them.  He cannot look upon sin with the least degree of allowance.

BUT

in verse 32 He says, "...nevertheless, I will be merciful unto them...if they will repent, and come unto me; for mine arm is lengthened out all the day long."

He loves us, no matter our choices.  He wants us to come to Him.  Above and beyond his Atoning sacrifice, He stands there, His arm lengthened out all the day long.

What a beautiful picture that paints in my mind.

He is patient and kind.  Just and forgiving. All-knowing and all-loving.  Forever.

What did you think/learn today?




Comments

  1. A couple of things.... A warning to those who are lulled away and think "all is well in Zion" - I think this is speaking to everyone, even members of the church. I have heard so many people say... I am not a bad person, that should be good enough. To me.... that is being lulled into carnal security. It takes much more than just not being bad.

    To those who are obedient and willing to hear, God will give more. For me, I think the precept upon precept approach can sometimes be hard because if I am not paying attention I miss it! Booming voices out of the clouds would be easier, and occasionally, I get those too.... but it's the little things I really want to hear because they are usually the most profound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an interesting chapter, as we do see many people saying or doing these things in other churches, or just in the world. They say, there is no God, there is no hell, there are no miracles today, there is no scripture after the bible, there is no revelation to prophets today, we can do what we want and we don't need your religion. None of those statements makes any sense to me and I don't believe it for a minute. WHY WOULD GOD STOP TALKING TO US AND HELPING US IN THESE TIMES! HE LOVES US TOO, JUST LIKE THOSE IN THE OLDEN DAYS! IN FACT, WE NEED IT MORE IN THESE WICKED LAST DAYS!
    I know I'm talking to the believers here, but those were just my thoughts.
    I'll stop talking in capitals now, lol.
    Its just frustrating sometimes that others can't see things the way we do. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts