Suit Yourself Saturday- John 17:5

John 17:5

"And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was."


I love this verse.  ...before the world was...   We lived before we came here.

Brigham Young once said, "I want to tell you, each and every one of you, that you are well acquainted with God our Heavenly Father. You are all well acquainted with Him, for there is not a soul of you but what has lived in His house and dwelt with Him year after year; and yet you are seeking to become acquainted with Him, when the fact is, you have merely forgotten what you did know."


What would you like to share today?


TOMORROW: Sabbath Day Rest

Comments

  1. D&C 84:82 For, consider the lilies of the field, how they grow, they toil not, neither do they spin; and the kingdoms of the world, in all their glory, are not arrayed like on of these.

    My daughter and I have been going hiking on our "tuesday trails" up into the mountains around here. We often talk about gospel principles. I love this time with her. We have seen some breathtaking views, beautiful flowers, wildlife, lakes and other amazing creations of our Heavenly Father.

    If we stop and look around us, such as the flowers sitting in front of my computer, God's absolute love and power are in everything. His creations are simply amazing.

    I love this scripture because even though I do try to stop and appreciate the creations in my world, nothing will compare to the blessings of eternity in heaven. The Lord can make a beautiful, tender, lily. I cannot do that. No matter how much I tried. He has blessed us so much. We just need to stop and recognize it in the simple things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. I would love to join on one of your hikes someday. That would be fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts