Ether 5

Ether 5

Short and sweet. The way I like it :)

When I read chapters like this that are so direct and specific I often try to imagine Joseph Smith's reaction as he translated it for the first time.  I'm assuming he had a lot of "No way, that's me" moments.  That had to have been simply wild!  I mean, I love it when I read general prophecies of our day because I know I am a part of it, but chapters like this are extremely specific.

What a testimony builder that must have been for him.

It is another testimony to me that the Lord has things covered, from beginning to end.  It makes life much less frightening when I know that.  It makes me feel safe in the gospel.

What part of today's chapter got into you?

THURSDAY: Ether 6

Comments

  1. The faith of Moroni is amazing! He was able to write of what would happen in the future with full confidence. We benefit today because we saw/see that his prophecy came to pass.

    Working on my own level of faith, would be beneficial for me and my family.

    Back to the basics, fasting, prayer, scripture reading. We all know the drill,
    for myself knowing and doing are NOT the same. When I do DO, the benefits are well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is an interesting correlation about the voice of three witnesses. We see that same type of example in all our organizational presidencies in the church. Even though there is a president, the 2 counselors make up the 'three." The 3 Nephites. The Prophet and his 2 counselors. The Godhead. So many examples of 3 witnesses of the truth of things in the Gospel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts