Mormon 7

Mormon 7

It's nice to read a chapter of hope and redemption after the sadness and destruction in the preceding chapters.  

The Savior- that is what everything boils down to.  We must come unto Him.  That is the only way to be saved. All other things are appendages to this truth.

This chapter represents hope to me. People mess up, we make mistakes.  But, through the power of the Atonement and proper repentance there is always hope. 

One of my favorite quotes is, "The person at the bottom of the stairs looking up is in a better position that the person at the top of the stairs looking down."  It matters not so much at where we are, but where we turn our gaze and which direction we are headed.

The Nephites (and Lamanites)  changes their focus and then their direction. They perished.

It is a hopeful reminder to me that I should always be looking to the Savior and not only following Him, but try to catch up and and walk with Him.

What part of the chapter got into you today?

TUESDAY: Mormon 8

Comments

  1. If you took this chapter and wrote it out in an outline format you would basically have the plan of salvation in a nutshell. When you read it in this concise version it seems so easy and straightforward.

    I like that this chapter is written in such a way that it boils down the gospel principles into the simpliest way. Know who you are. Repent. Be nice. Believe in Christ. Understand the Atonement. Recognized the eternal gifts to the righteous. Be baptized. Lay hold on the Gospel. The scriptures are true. Believe. Rely on the Holy Ghost.

    Simple. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In v 5 we are reminded that the Savior gained victory over the grave.

    I have been a member of the Church all of my life, I think I have taked for granted the knowledge that I have that I will live again.

    My non-member in-laws have not had that knowledge or comfort. I can see the difference at times of death and grief.

    I have been greatly blessed with a testimony of life after death and I am greatful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts