Ether 3

Ether 3

This chapter is full of wonderful lessons: the power of prayer, the power of faith, the love and mercy of the Lord, the reality that we were spirits before we came, etc.  But the principle that hit me the greatest this morning was the power of knowledge.

Because the BoJ had faith he was blessed with a spiritual experience (saw the finger of the Lord) which strengthened his faith and brought a further spiritual experience (he saw the Lord) which turned his faith into knowledge (he now knew the Lord.)

The power of faith is amazing.  It allows us to receive all manner of gifts from Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  It allows us to partake of the Atonement.  It allows us to have spiritual experiences and revelation (the gift of knowledge.)

BUT- perfect knowledge is what parts the veil that separates us from God (vs 19). Knowledge (true spiritual knowledge) of the Lord will allow us to be redeemed from the fall (vs 13.)

Knowledge is the fruit of faith.

We've heard' faith precedes the miracle'.  Perhaps we should say 'faith precedes the miracle of knowledge.'

As I have made a habit to truly read, study, ponder and write regularly about the scriptures I know my faith has grown.  And with the growth of that faith, I do believe that I have been given added spiritual experiences and inspiration (knowledge.)  And because of those fruits I am compelled to continue to read in faith that I will receive more.  It's a beautiful cycle of effort, growth and reward that is available to all.


What part of today's chapter got into you?

TUESDAY: Ether 4

Comments

  1. The thing that strikes me is the difference between knowing and having faith. The BOJ first had faith in the Lord. But then, because of that faith, he saw the Lord. He no longer had to have faith, because he knew.

    Sometimes I wonder what makes people say "I know" rather than "I believe." Believing is not the same as knowing... believing is more like having faith.

    There are lots of things about this world "I know" because I have seen it with my own two eyes. There are many more "I believe" but would like to "know." I wonder if "knowing" makes it easier?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts