Alma 63

Alma 63

I always feel a little thrill when I finish Alma- a sense of accomplishment.  It's the longest book in the Book of Mormon, and a third of it is about war.  In the past it's been a challenge at times, but this time I loved it!


Moroni dies at the age of 48. So young. Maybe his passion and his battles aged him.  He had been at the head of the Nephite armies for 18 years- nearly have of his life.  The end of his days were spent in peace- but that was such a short time.  He had done his duty, and God let him come to the ultimate place of rest. I so look forward to meeting him someday.

I went to Hawaii in April of this year.  I love the culture, the people, the feeling of the island- everything.  I once read (Mormon rumor mill, here) that President Kimball was speaking the Polynesian's and said that Hagoth and his people here in chapter 63 of Alma were their first descendants.  What a wonderful thought!  These are things I am sure that will be revealed to us in future scripture.  I am so excited to read and learn more about.

I love Helaman.  He finished leading the army- and went right back to missionary work- fighting the war against Satan.  What an inspiration.

What did you think/learn today?

Comments

  1. This is one of those ... and life goes on... wrap up chapters. Not sure how to end my story at the end of a good book or movie moments.

    Of all the verses... it was the reminder in vs 2... Be just. Walk uprightly. Observe to do good continually. Keep the commandments. That vs basically sums it all up.

    Then the thought came to me- have you ever noticed how those who do not walk uprightly before the Lord- don't walk uprightly? Those who seek to do evil walk with eyes cast down, covered with disguise or dark clothes, hide in the shadows, fearful of being found out? If you have nothing to hide- you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have heard too that there is a link with Hagoth and the Maori people here in New Zealand where I live too. Not sure of all the details though.

    I am kind of glad that the war chapters are over, cause I do enjoy reading the preaching chapters more. Just fills me with the spirit more, but I did gain respect for Moroni and some of the others we read about during these chapters. They were so brave in protecting their people.

    We are getting close to when Christ comes too. Can't wait for those chapters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting, ladies. I don't always reply, but I read every comment you make. I just want you to know that I glean a lot of inspiration from what you write, and I do appreciate you're insights and sharing. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts