"To Young Women" by Jeffrey R. Holland

by Jeffrey R. Holland
October 2005 General Conference

Read here, or watch below.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I. LOVED. THIS. TALK.

I loved this talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if you can tell, but I really loved this talk!

There are so many things that I loved about it- like every word!
  • The divinity of womanhood
  • The way he talks to the young women
    • "bent on living beneath your privileges"
  • Keeping good standards, like good friends-
  • No flip-flops on church and so on.
I could just highlight every paragraph!



But, there were a couple things that stood out to me above the rest: In this talk he points out the To Be list of Beauty: the loveliest women she had known had a glow of health, a warm personality, a love of learning, stability of character, and integrity. 

I love it when things are broken down to understandable and attainable points. And I love that list.

This talk was so good for me to read, and I am excited to share it with my daughter.

What did you think/learn today?




Comments

  1. The reminder for me was to be the example for my daughters. We talked about "golden tickets" yesterday in RS, one of those being appearance. If I were to obsess over my appearance (which obviously I don't) it would show my girls that is what is important.

    I am grateful to be reminded that as a mother, as an example, I need to not only believe in good priorities, but to model them as well. Our daughter's have it hard enough out in the world without having a mom at home who is adding to it. And... unfortunately, I see alot of that kind of negative, judgemental attitude from the one who is supposed to love us the most.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts