Alma 59

Alma 59

Even Captain Moroni had a breaking point.  He was doing all he could to keep his own ship afloat. To watch the others sink was too much for him,

He didn't doubt God- that never happened.  But, here is where we get the first wind of him doubting the Nephites.  Notice how he still recognized how the Lamanite's were a gauge of the wickedness of the Nephites.

He knew that the Lord had promised them if they kept the commandments the Promised Land would be theirs.  The Nephites were sinning, and they were being beaten.  That was hard for Moroni to witness.

In verse 13 he gets mad at the government.  (I totally get that).  He assumes Pahoran isn't doing his job (more on the the next few chapters) and assumes that it is due to their indifference concerning the freedoms of the people- the very thing that lights Captain Moroni's fire (remember the Title of Liberty here?)

I still admire his passion.  I am quite passionate about a lot of things.  And I tend to jump to conclusions and be quick to judge, as Captain Moroni is about to do.  It isn't right, but do you think it's ok to console myself by saying I'm in good company when I do it?

What did you think/learn today?


Comments

Popular Posts