Ether 10

Ether 10

I've got election day on my mind.

This was a tough chapter to read today.

The effect a leader has on a nation can be devastating, if he does not walk in the ways of the Lord.

It is so easy to see the 'Nephite Cycle' of kingdoms rising and falling as we read the entire history of them.  But, when we, as a nation, are living in one small piece of the cycle, it is difficult to see clearly see where we are in that cycle.

I really believe we are in the downward cycle. We are a nation with proud people, who are turning their backs to the ways of the Lord.

Like the people in this chapter, heavy taxes will continue to weigh us down, and the sanctity of marriage will continue to be changed.

It is only a matter of time before the consequences of leadership will become such a burden on the people that they will rise up in frustration and rebellion, and once again turn their hearts to God.

Or not.

We are living in the latter days. And only God know what really will happen.

It's our job to not let our hearts fail us.

I guess I can do that :)

Comments

  1. I read the chapter on time yesterday. But not posting until today.... I have, honestly, had a heavy heart since last night. I had great hopes that we may be turning a corner in our country, in our state.

    Unfortunately, it was not the corner I was hoping for.

    So now, I have been praying for peace. Praying for the strength it is going to take to take each day as it's own and not get bogged down by the enormity of things.

    We shall see... with God- all things are possible, right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts