Alma 39

Alma 39

The two key words to this chapter, for me, are Perspective and Priorities.

Corianton lost the eternal perspective and consequently had misplaced priorities. I don't think he was a terrible person- it's easier than we think.  My husband says "everyone is two weeks away from inactivity." That means it only takes a couple weeks or so of not hearing the word, feeling the spirit, renewing the covenants and associating with  our ward family before we begin to forget why we went. It gets easier to miss church or other responsibilities because the demands of the world appear to take precedence.

One good thing that has come from my daily scripture blog is that is it a constant reminder to put first things first.  It takes time and effort- daily.  I'll admit, sometimes I am just so tire, and I struggle to find focus, but this has compelled me to not only read, but to read with intent to find meaning and apply that to my life.  It has made a big difference in my life, my testimony and my ability to use the scriptures to teach others.  It's been a wonderful for me.

What did you think/learn today?

Comments

  1. There were two spots that struck me.... in verse 4 it says - she stole away the hearts of many but that was no excuse for you. Isn't that the truth on so many levels? This was talking about a girl. But it could be anything that takes our attention away from what is important. And it is no excuse because we know better! And... vs 8.. you can't hide it anyway.

    The other one was at the end in verse 17. Alma tells his son, "is not a soul at this time as precious unto God as a soul will be at the time of his coming?" I don't know why that struck me. It just spoke to my heart as to the love God has for each of his children and doesn't want anyone left behind. It was just sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know Michelle that I am going to be moving over the next few weeks and so I won't have much opportunity to come online and comment. But I will be back later on because I enjoy reading all the thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts