Alma 26

Alma 26

This is perhaps one of my most favorite verses in all the scriptures:
12 Yea, I know that I am anothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will bnot boast of myself, but I will cboast of my God, for in his dstrength I can do all ethings; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.


What a brilliant combination of humility and faith.  The older I get the more I realize the less I am- the thing is, I don't feel bad about it.  I know how small I am- but I have to know that to know how tall God can make me.  I  know that He can mold me into anything He sees fit: a powerful speaker/writer, a good mother, a missionary- whatever righteous desire I have, He can do it, if He chooses.  The key is to always give the credit where credit is due.  

This one hits me as well:
 22 Yea, he that arepenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good bworks, and prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know the cmysteries of God

My favorite words of Ammon are "...for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation."  Everything he cherished, everything he was was dedicated to the Lord. 

My hero.

What did you think/learn today?

Comments

  1. All the talk of saving the worst of the worst in their day and how God can reach through the toughest of hearts gives me hope that those who I want so badly to return to full activity in the church or find the gospel and make it a part of their lives- there is hope.

    It doesn't always feel like there is hope. But there is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely thoughts and verses there Michelle. I have had two sick kids the last 5 days, and so haven't had much free time for making comments unfortunately. This was a beautiful chapter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts