Alma 34

Alma 34

This is one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon. So much good stuff- teaching styles, testimony, expectations, etc.  And of course, testimony of my Savior!

Three things popped out at me this morning, though.  The first one is Amulek's first words to them.  He basically said, Come on, guys, you knew this- but we will tell you again.  It sounds like what I say to my children!  How many times do I have to tell you...?  God is so very patient with us as we learn and relearn His plan.

I love in verse 31 "if ye will repent and harden not your hearts, IMMEDIATELY shall the great plan of redemption be brought about unto you."  Not someday, later or tomorrow- but immediately.  That, to me, is the greatest message of hope the Atonement has to offer.  It is accessible immediately to us.  We can be blessed immediately if we are humble.  The Atonement can work immediately in our lives.  It all depends on our choices and our faith.  The ransom has been paid. It is up to us to accept it.

And of course, I love Justice and Mercy.  What an amazing truth.  I used to think that we were not able to pay the price for our sins.  But we are.  The price is death. Through the mercy of Jesus Christ our price has been renegotiated, our payment plan arranged.  He is truly our mediator, or advocate or Savior and our friend.


Comments

  1. You know when you read the same scripture that you have read many times before and suddenly it pops off the page? Verse 32 did that this morning.

    "For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors."

    So what was a little different, for me, this time..... It was the big picture vs the little picture.

    The big picture is, yes, we are here to work out our salvation and make it home to God. But it's easy to get overwhelmed with "big pictures" sometimes (applies to many things)so, this verse also says... only worry about today.

    If we work on today, doing what we need to do, whatever those labors might be, our life as a whole will be taken care of. It is easier for me to look at today's list than to keep track of every items for the week or month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This chapter tells me that the Lord wants to hear from us more and he wants to help us more with our lives. He knows its hard down here, but we don't have to do it alone. We just need to ask.

    It also points out how important giving service and doing things for others really is. I know I get so caught up with what I am doing in my life, I don't stop to see if others I come in contact with need my help. We all need to care more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts