Alma 27

Alma 27

I don't think I've ever been so happy that I've fainted, have you? (vs 17)

Must be nice :)

Serious note:  Faith and Forgivness- that's what this chapter means to me. The king had the faith in Ammon and in the Lord to do whatever the Lord told Ammon.  We can show the same faith as we follow our prophet today.

I also think of the willingness of the Nephites to take in these Lamantites into their land.  Remember, these are the same  bunch that was hunting them down and warring with them less than a generation ago, and the Nephites had the capability to love, forgive and accept.


I hope I'd be able to do that, but sometimes I don't know.  It's not easy to forgive and let go, to accept and move one. Change is hard for some.  Dysfunction and grudges  become as comfortable as old faded jeans. Anger and resentment, entitlement and pride all taint our ability to change and forgive. It's hard- but not impossible.

I have lots of other thoughts -but I need to repent later, because I just don't have time to write them down today!

Please share some of your thought with me! I'd love to hear them :)

Comments

  1. Nope, never been so happy I fainted either. My thoughts today.... a brick wall. So maybe I need to repent or something so I can absorb a profound scriptorial message. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure were forgiving and loving. Great examples for us to follow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts