Alma 29

Alma 29

I have the words "My Joy Prayer" written next to this chapter.  I love it!  It is such a sweet and intimate look into Alma's soul. His joy comes from being an instrument in God's hands.  Mine does too (Well, that and ice cream)

It's good to see the human side of him. Even he struggles to be happy with what has been allotted him- as good as it was.  I know I've struggled with that, too at times. I wish I could do more- be more, help more, serve more, etc.  Sometimes I have to pull myself back and remind myself of all that I do have that already brings me joy.

God is merciful.  He grants unto us only that which we desire.  Ultimately, it is really us who choose who we will be and where we will go.  We can blame it on everyone and everything, but in the end, we really get what we want. Interesting way to look at things.

What did you think/learn today?

Comments

  1. It's a 'be careful what you wish for' kind of thing. Because you might just get it. If we follow Alma's example of praise and worship of the Lord, we are much more likely to get the good things, and even if we don't, we will still have a good attitude about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts