2 Nephi 8


Chapter 8

In the last days, the Lord will comfort Zion and gather Israel—The redeemed will come to Zion amid great joy—Compare Isaiah 51 and 52:1–2. About 559–545 B.C.

-----------------------------------------

What a comforting chapter. Some of my favorite sayings from it:

"Look unto the rock from whence ye were hewn"

"Harken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose hearts I have written my law..."  (love this one- I'd like to thing that his law is written in my heart)

"I am he, I am he that comforteth you..."

I love how encouraging and tender the Lord is with us. Sometimes I brow-beat myself over my weaknesses and mistakes, so Iove the chapters where the Lord says, Come on, look to me and listen.  I'll comfort you an take care of you.

What did you think/learn today?

Comments

  1. I am he; yea, I am he that comforteth you.

    It's been one of "those" weeks. Finding out things that were better left unsaid. Dealing with things I don't want to deal with. And in the midst of it all... whenever I start to get that panicky, heart hurting fear and self-doubt, knowing that if I immediately stop those thoughts and turn to God, and keep turning my thoughts there, the voices in my head don't get to take over.

    I think the worst battles are the ones I have to fight in my own head and often it is a "battle-royale,' but I keep fighting it hoping to use the promise of comfort and peace God offers by replacing negative thoughts with the positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that , it's been one of "those" weeks for me too. I love how this morning as I read, even though I don't understand everything I read, I do get that feeling of peace and comfort that I so need right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems it's been one of "those" weeks for a lot of people. I wonder it there's something in the water! I'm on board with you two- I battle with myself over my weaknesses, choices, the effects of my actions (and non-actions) on my family/friends and the guilt that accompanies it. I hurt for them and for myself. But, eve though I don't understand everything I read, the Spirit testifies to mine of the truthfulness of it,and brings me peace. I know everything will work out in the end. It reminds me not get caught up in the moment of tragedy or conflict, but to hold onto the eternal perspective, that my hard times will be consecrated for my good. That's why I love the scriptures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked verse 6 how it says everything worldly doesn't last long, "But my salvation shall be forever, and my righteousness shall never be abolished."

    I also liked the part in verse 7 where it says "fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings." The reference for revilings is hate. This scripture must have been a comfort to the early saints when they were being persecuted so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts