2 Nephi 14


Chapter 14

Zion and her daughters will be redeemed and cleansed in the millennial day—Compare Isaiah 4. About 559–545 B.C.

------------------------------
I love these verses:


And the aLord will create upon every dwelling-place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a bcloud and smoke by day and the shining of a flaming fire by night; for upon all the glory of Zion shall be a defence.
 And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of arefuge, and a covert from storm and from rain.


Years ago I transcribed patriarchal blessings in the stake I lived in (far away from here.)  Although every blessing was different (and I never shared specifics)  the words from these two verses were used in a number of blessings.  It wasn't like the Patriarch was copying- it just applied to those individuals.  It seems to be a theme that not only applied to those young people, but to many of the righteous of this generation.

I'd like to think it applies to me as well- even though I've never been told specifically. It makes me feel safe :)

What did you think/learn today?

Comments

  1. Apparently this chapter was above my head. Even still, I figure my day will be better by reading something I didn't quite understand than reading nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned that if I comment from my phone it doesn't post! The other thing I learned is that this chapter seemed to be bouncing off my forehead. But the point of reading it was that of obedience.... I knew if I read this morning, my day would go better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts