3 Nephi 24


3 Nephi 24


Can you imagine standing in the midst of Jesus as He quotes scripture from what is now the Old Testament?





I wonder if they were excited to receive more scripture. I know I would be!

I know they didn't fully understand what He was telling them, because He spends time in chapter 26 explaining it. So, I guess I don't feel so bad not fully understanding all that's in there myself.

But, there is one thing that I do understand and have a testimony of: the principle of tithing.  We can give our agency and time to the Lord, but tithing is the only tangible thing He requires of us.  Isn't that interesting?

A man in my Gospel Principles class the other day said, "But, isn't money evil?"  No, I answered, it is the love of money that is evil.  Being willing to part with such keeps our love towards the Lord, not the lucre.

Plus, anything I can do that will open the windows of heaven so blessings will be poured upon me, bring it on!  I will do it!

Comments

  1. I liked the part in verse 7 where it says "Return unto me and I will return unto you, saith the Lord of Hosts."

    Also liked verse 16 and 17 - "and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name. And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of Hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels, and I will spare them..." I would like to be thought of as one of the Lords jewels. We need to think of him more often.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts