Jacob 5:50-77

This section of Jacob 5 pertains to the gathering of Israel. That us.  This is our story.

This is my favorite section of Jacob 5.  Repeatedly the Lord is clear how much He finds joy in our success. It is also very clear that we really are His work and His glory, for he repeatedly says, "for mine own purpose,' or 'unto mine own self,' etc.

I also love how the word WE and US is used. We, down here, are not alone in this work of gathering Israel--missionary work. He is laboring beside us, preparing people, inspiring people, and leading us to where we need to be to plant seeds and reap the harvest.

It's not an easy work. There is a lot of rejection in missionary work. In verse 70 is tells how the Lord sent out his servants, and they came back with only a few.  But, it is the work we've been called to--and we will be blessed for doing it (verse 75.)

Elder Dean L Larson said: "You have come to the earth when the foundation has been laid for this great work. The gospel has been restored for the last time. The Church has been established in almost every part of the world. The stage has been set for the final dramatic scenes to be enacted. You will be the principle players. You are among the last laborers in the vineyard. This is the yoke that is set upon your necks. This is the service for which you are chosen."

We have a responsibility and a calling, and He is depending on Us to step up and do all that we can to spread the gospel and bring His children home.

Comments

  1. Right now I am preparing my garden, starting plants, planning, gathering seeds, pay for inspiration to do the work, so that I may "lay up much fruit....against the season".This repeats thru the chapter and applies to all areas of my life. Having had physical challenges, I have learned that I need Gods help to even daily function. I need to weed out the bad fruit, things that didn't matter much, & spend my energy on the good fruit.

    With current events rapidly increasing, this chapter speaks volumes to the ways of the world & the "hastening" focus of the Church. Phases; with all diligence, the last time, bring them together again, against the season which speedily cometh - all speak to me,temporally & spiritually. Personal focus, diligence and priorities are what the Lord wants me to get out of this chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just couldn't grasp the behind-the-words meanings of the gathering of Isreal. Still stuck on the literal pictures of needing to work on the yard, trees and garden. There is so much work to do on a temporal basis in my world right now, I took the words as sort of an encouragement that with some effort and care, those things cn be accomplished.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts