Mosiah 23

Mosiah 23

I found it interesting that even though Alma and his people were living righteously, they were still exposed to trials.  I think sometimes we think if we are doing everything right, that our lives should be easy.  We are taught that righteousness and obedience begets prosperity, right?

It does- spiritual prosperity, but not always physical prosperity.

This chapter remind me that life is a time to be tested- even in righteousness.

I also loved verse 28 "... they hushed their fears and began to cry unto the Lord..."  The older I get I find that I am becoming more anxious.  I think I nearly had my first panic attack in Costco last week.  So many groceries, so much bulk, so many people.  I wanted out!

Seriously, though, the Lord doesn't not want us to live in or be driven by fear.  There are many times where I have to hush my own fears and cry unto the Lord for guidance, strength and comfort.

What did you think/learn today?

Comments

  1. "they hushed their fears and began to cry unto the Lord"

    a great reminder of how to deal with fear! I, too, find I am getting more anxious as I get older! I look at my kids and reminisce about not really being aware of the world, and how blissful I was in my ignorance.

    But we can't be truly happy if we do not know true sorrow, right?

    But when that sorrow gets to be too much, we can always "call upon the Lord" and hush our fears.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts