Alma 11

Alma 11

I used to wonder why they spent so many verses on the money system.  Today as I was reading the part where Zeezrom tried to bribe Amulek, I realized that the six onties of silver was a ginormous amount.  I wouldn't have known that without the explanation in the first few verses.

And even though it was a very large amount, Amulek still resisted, saying that a righteous person wouldn't give into a bribe.  Maybe that's what they talk about when they say in the last days that men's hearts will fail them. They will give in to the temptations of worldly goods and pleasures.

Of course anytime the Savior is spoken of, I love it.  Verses 42-44 are mastery scriptures, ones that missionaries and teachers alike have used to teach people about The Atonement and the resurrection and judgement.  Love it!

What did you think/learn today?

Comments

  1. I am thrilled that upon the resurrection, I will be able to have all my hair back. Because if it doesn't all fall out, I might just tear it out! I am grateful for the scriptures to help me through the trials of daily life on this earth. It is somehow comforting to be able to relate to the prophets and people in the Book of Mormon on a personal level as today, my heart is feeling pretty Lehi-ish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts