Mosiah 24

Mosiah 24

Notice how the Lord did not promise to take away their burdens, but to make them light by strengthening them.  I think so often we pray that our trials will be taken from us, but the Lord seems to work differently.  If we ask, He can make us strong enough to handle them, in mind, spirit and body.

He made them stronger and their faith grew to the point where the Lord rewarded their faith by allowing them a release from their burdens.

It is important to note how they gave thanks to the Lord afterwards.

I think it's interesting how both times the Nephites escaped they did it when the Lamanites are knocked out.  Lol.


Comments

  1. This is one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon. Many years ago I was going through a super difficult time in my life. I met with my Bishop and he showed me this chapter and the verses about burdens. It was one of the greatest blessings I was given. For all these years, when things get rough, as they do, I think of that scripture and often go back and read it.

    Then, adding another lession from church to this chapter, regarding patience. Patience is not sitting around doing nothing waiting on the Lord. It is working through your trials with a cheerful attitude until the desired result is achieved. Sometimes that can take a while. The people were patient in their afflictions until they were released from their burdens. Just like we can be.



    I really appreciate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts