Alma 8

Alma 8

Sorry about Friday.  It's been a crazy week!

Amulek is the epitome of  the right guy at the right time. But I must add- doing the right thing. He was a righteous man, he listened to the angel he saw in a vision (how can you not?), he let Alma in, studied with him, was taught by him and eventually, was asked to preach with him.

We know that Amulek was almost, if not as equally, a powerful teacher and speaker as Alma. He must have had an amazing testimony.

I wonder, in my life, how many blessings and opportunities I've had, just by being the right girl at the right time doing the right thing.  I know meeting my husband was one of them. Today we celebrate our 17th anniversary. I gave him a card that congratulated him on celebrating the day he made the smartest decision of his life- but seriously, I am blessed to be with him.

I know that I've been blessed in my life, not because I'm awesome or anything- but simply because God saw that I was willing to follow Him, to go where He wants me to go, do what he wants me to do, and be what He wants me to be

I also love how, when Alma receives a message from the Lord, he not only did what he was asked. He went about it "speedily."  That shows a willingness and eagerness to follow Him. What a great example these two men are to me.

Have you seen blessings in your life by being the right person, at the right time, doing the right things?


Comments

  1. Verse 31... They had great power given them, but didn't use it until they were cast in prison so the Lord could show His power through them.

    And so I thought, how much power do we each have that we can call upon to have the Lord work through us? I think it is more than we realize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is another example in this chapter of how when the Lord gives a commandment, he provides a way for it to be accomplished, or helps his missionaries in their work.

    Also verses 14-15 really touched me. Alma was weighed down with sorrow and anguish of soul. Then the angel tells him, "Lift up thy head and rejoice, for thou hast great cause to rejoice..." I can really apply this in my own life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your insights. Great to see you here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts