Alma 12

Alma 12

Wow- this chapter covers judgement, works, probationary time, the Plan of Redemption, Agency, Commandments, Repentance, The Fall.  AMAZING CHAPTER!!!!!!!!

If I commented on everything in this chapter that I love, this would be a loooong entry.  So, I will pick a few things that aren't what is normally commented on that I've noticed and just know the rest is in my heart.


Alma's purpose here is was two-fold: to establish the words of Amulek and to explain the scriptures further.  Amulek got Zeezrom's attention, now Alma could go in a preach further.

In verse 5 Alma tells Zeezrom something that is real- and very frightening.  He says that t he devil "hath exercised his power in thee."  It is a scary reality.  I think we get so caught up in our own lives, saying that we can do what we want, because it's our life.  But, what we forget it that God can work through us in our decisions, and so can the Adversary.

It's never just us alone. All of our choices and actions benefit ever God or the devil.  Whose side do you want to be on?


This chapter gives a beautiful glimpse into the purpose of this life. God's plan is so important that since the beginning of time he sent angels to teach men of His plan.

We are so blessed to have a Heavenly Father who loves us so much. He has given us the Plan of Salvation, and His Son.  I read this chapter and I feel so blessed.

What did you think/learn today?

Comments

Popular Posts