Alma 4

Alma 4

Oh the Nephite cycle!!

In verse 10 it says:... the wickedness of the church was a great stumbling block to those who did not belong to the church; and thus the church began to fall in its progress.

Above it I have written: Are you a stumbling block?

People watch us. They watch to see if we live what we claim to believe.  When we don't live we what claim to believe, it leaves others confused. If we as members of the church are negative, angry, and not living the gospel, what incentive does that give, what example does that give to those who aren't members of the church?  Does our behavior- the lives that we lead- draw people closer to the Savior or not?

A few things that I really loved:

Verse 14:...for Christ's sake...   The things that the humble followers did, they did for Christ's sake. I pondered what that meant. My interpretation is that everything good that we do, we do because the Atonement has allowed us to.They say that he suffered for our sins, so I  know that some of the blood and tears that he shed were for me. Conversely, I'd like to think that the good things that I do can ease his burden, further his cause and bring my Savior joy- that maybe I can lighten his load by choosing the right. I love that.


Verse 15: ...nevertheless the Spirit of the Lord did not fail them...   They were humble, and the Spirit didn't let them down. Love it!

I love the humility of Alma.  Not that prestige was important to him- but he gave up a prestigious position for the sake of helping rebuild the kingdom. That inspires me to ask myself: How much would I be willing to give up to further the Kingdom? I've covenanted to dedicate all that I have to do so.  I hope I do.

What did you think/learn today?

Comments

  1. You are so good Michelle! I love reading your thoughts and its inspiring to me to hear your commitment to the Lord. :)

    Talking about the Atonement, at church on sunday our Bishop made a comment that I had never thought of before. The Theme of the sacrament meeting was knowing that we are loved by Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. And they mentioned the old church video about Johnny Lingo and Mahanna and how she'd had so many cows paid for her. Then Bishop compared that story to how Christ had paid the price for our sins, and didn't that make us feel so loved and of great worth. So any time your self esteem is low, remember that thought.

    Oh and I'm beginning to see from our readings, why it is that the Lord doesn't let my family get rich. Cause everytime the people in the scriptures get rich, they go wicked and forget God. So I guess there are benefits to not having much money, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Thanks for the comments. Now I know why we aren't rich either!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts