Mosiah 26

It was nice to see this very human side of Alma in verse 13: "and he went and inquired of the Lord what he should do concerning this matter, for he feared that he should do wrong in the sight of God."

I find myself praying often to Heavenly Father with the desire to do right in His eyes. There is a very human part of me that occasionally doubts my ability to hear His direction and understand His will. I know that I always want to do right in His sight, but I fall short of that. This verse makes me admire Alma even more for his humility, and his humanity.

It is also nice to know that the Lord saw that Alma had exceeding faith, even if he might have doubted himself a bit. That means that there is hope for me :)

This chapter is timely for me, as I have been struggling with certain feelings as of late. I received an answer very personal this morning, an undeniable calming of my doubts, and a confirmation of His will for me, and His faith in me.  It was one of those experiences where the words on the page were written for me, today. And I am so grateful for that.

Comments

  1. I love that as many times as we screw up, we can repent and God will forgive us. Now I don't believe that means we can go out and purposefully do things wrong and expect to be forgiven because I think this forgiveness relates to our ability to feel the spiritual promptings to recognize we have erred. Those promptings can be taken away if we are purposefully wicked and we are left to our own devices.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts