1 Nephi 22

Click here to read chapter online

The rise of the US, the Constitution, the Restoration...what a cool chapter!

I used to wonder why the Lord had to organize His own country for the Restoration, but I know now that it is because much/most of the world at that time worshiped under forced or state religion. At the time, freedom of religion was truly rare, and there needed to be a freedom of religion for the Restoration to work.

The Lord didn't waste any time, either. Joseph Smith was born just 14 days after the ratification of the amendments of the constitution. Coincidence? I think not.

Funny note: I looked up the term "make bare his arm" since it is used a few times here.  Making 'bare his arm' isn't the same as a macho man lifting up his sleeve and flexing his biceps, saying "Look at the gun show."  (Although that is a funny image). It means that the Lord will show His power among nations. (but you all probably knew that. You're so smart!!)

I love verse 17!  After we are sufficiently freaked out, we are told that the righteous need not fear!  Whew!

There's so much good stuff in this chapter, too.  Here's a link to one of the church manual's that really clarifies even more for us what Nephi was explaining to his brothers.  It was very helpful information for me.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the link to the church manual. So much beautiful information, I don't know how so many people can reject it! It take me back to chapter 19 when it says "For the things which some men esteem to be of great worth, both to the body and soul, others set at naught and trample under their feet."

    The Book of Mormon indeed is the great sifter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just working on the being righteous so I don't have to fear part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My video player in joomla doesn't play videos in firefox when the latest flash player isn't installed.
    I'd like to own it like a professional player to show a dialog saying: "Do you want to install flash player 10" or how it says when you go to an expert website so users do not have to search and download flash player manually..... Does anyone know, how you can do that?.

    Stop by my web page ... http://www.australiankiteboarding.com.au
    my site > Paxil Lawyers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts