Alma 49

Alma 49

Last year when I posted this chapter, I listed the Keys to Winning the War Against Satan here

It's interesting to see the lessons we can learn form the way Captain Moroni prepared and fought.

But, today when I read I focused on the fruits of their labors, found in verses 25-30.  Amalickia lost it, cursing God and vowing to drink Moroni's blood.

The Nephite's however, were filled with gratitude and joy. Their companionship with God in preparing for their trials, and His hand in helping them through them, brought the Nephite's closer to Him.

It's easy to acknowledge God in our lives when things are going our way. It is more difficult to do that when things are tough, when life becomes scary and difficult (as it was for the Nephite's)

I have a good friend who's children are experiencing some pretty severe medical issues this week. I spoke with her yesterday. Her faith in God, and her perspective were moving. She saw the experiences as a gift- an opportunity God was giving her son to seek Him out, and see the power of the Priesthood. In the midst of tears, she was looking for the lesson that she might learn through this.

I was touched and inspired.

I imagine such strength could be found among the Nephite women of old, as well. We are not so different from them.


Comments

  1. This is probably similar to my comments the last time we went through this chapter... but I can't help but relate the fortifications and preparedness of the Nephites to my life. Moroni clearly understood the threat that was against his people. He was mentally, physically, and spiritually prepared. He understood the power of Satan over the hearts of the Lamanites and did not doubt their intents.

    It is sad (and kind of scarey)to me that more people are not looking at our world today with the same eyes-open Moroni had. People turn a blind eye of denial to the things going on around them, weather, drought, finances, and even the evil men conspiring- then feel like God is punishing them when something happens. But God is not punishing them, He allows things to follow the course already set in motion... we punish ourselves because we aren't ready to deal with trials. And they are going to happen.

    I know I am not prepared for every thing that "could" happen. But I try the best I can and have faith that God will make up the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one of the most prepared people I know! I know where to turn when I run out of toilet paper in the last days! Lol. I sure love your perspective and your humility. You are one of my favorite people, Ang. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts