Ether 6

Ether 6

And now we get back to our story...

Verse 2- "...the Lord prepared the stones which the brother of Jared had carried up into the mount..."

Teamwork. The brother of Jared and the Lord worked together.

I think sometimes it's easy to think of God and Jesus Christ as just hanging out in heaven, watching everything go by. But, they are actively, and physically, working for us. they want to help us, to guide us, and to work side by side with us as we achieve our shared goal: our eternal life.

While the Lord is working on His side, he fully expects us to be working on our side: always actively engaged in a good cause, bettering ourselves and helping others, prioritizing our time and fulfilling our duties, and seeking Him for guidance. Our work and efforts, if righteous, will be consecrated for our good.

That doesn't mean it's going to be easy. Ask Jared and his family, as they were tossed in the deep of the sea.

But, they had eternal perspective. They even sang songs of praise.

When we are thrashed about in the waves of life, can we do that, too? Can I?

I hope so.

Comments

  1. It is probably no surprise that beyond the spiritual messages of obedience and perserverance in this chapter.... the thing that made me go hmmmm this morning as I am rushing out the door....

    What you take if you knew you were going to be stuck inside a sealed vessel for 344 days? They had animals, adults and I would guess, children to take care of.

    Preparedness and provident living are at the forefront of my existence at the moment. Call it something in the wind. I had to wonder if the Lord called me and my family to stay inside our home and not leave for 344 days... would we really be ready to do that? Capable of doing it? No work. No store. No outside anything.

    I wish the Brother of Jared would have left his shopping list and inventory behind for us. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts