Alma 21

Alma 21

It's interesting how the Amalekite was defensive, basically asking Aaron, "Who do you think you are judging me? How do you know my intentions? You don't know me."

It sounds much like people today who are called to repentance.

Aaron's response had nothing to do with their intentions.  He went right to the gospel and what they believed.  Then, he turned to the scriptures to teach them.

Verse 15 kinda cracks me up. "...and thus they were delivered for the first time out of prison..." Poor guys!  I wonder if they would have done the same thing if they knew how many times they would be cast into prison.  I've heard people ask themselves that: If I knew this would be so hard I wouldn't have signed up for it.

Well, we did- and guess what- we kinda had an idea our lives would be this hard. Lol.  Sometimes I feel like, if my life were scriptures, it would read "...and thus she was delivered for the fortieth time out of a wailing fit of tears and frustration..." Lol!

Of course there are a lot of other wonderful things in this chapter, but that's all I have time to write today!

What did you think/learn today?

Comments

  1. "and they were zealous for keeping the commandments of God." I am not exactly sure what this entails, but I think it sounds like a great goal. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, yeah I've been delivered from quite a few fits of tears and frustration myself over the last few years. :) The important thing is what comes next after they are delivered from prison - that they went back out and kept trying to preach to the people. They didn't give up or let trials stop them. Or perhaps we should say they didn't let Satan stop them!!!!

    Yes, and when we have someone asking us a gospel related question, it is always best to turn to the scriptures - as Aaron did in verse 9. You can't go wrong if you do that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts