1 Nephi 3


'Seeing isn't always believing'
Oh Laman and Lemuel. In verse 29 they are beating their younger brothers with a rod. This says a lot their character and the hardness of their hearts.
But then the angel appears to them.
Like, an angel from heaven. Who says, you will do this thing. Oh yeah, and your brother is gonna rule over you because of you're wickedness.
They stop beating their brothers. So nice of them. But then, the very next thing was doubt. "How is it possible that the Lord will deliver Laban into our hands?"
Ummmmm. So, an angel just showed and up and talked to you. Isn't that kind of a miracle?
I used to wonder how they could do that, how could they doubt after what they'd seen? Morons.
But, then, I began to think today, how many times has the Lord shown me wonderful things in my life?
So many times.
But then, how many times have I doubted? Not doubted God, but doubted, or wondered, how His promises would come to pass. How my prayers would be answered.
I have seen miracles and doubted too.
My goal isn't to sympathize with Laman and Lemuel, but to learn from them. (I think we can learn from anyone.)
It helps me to pause when I feel doubts come, and rather than feeding them, look back to the times I saw miracles in my life and reconfirm my faith.
Instead of saying "How can He?" or even "How can I?" I will be more purposeful in my choice of perspective, vision, and words, and say things like, "I know He can." and "I know I will."
What did you learn today?



Comments

Popular Posts